06-30: Stockholm, Sweden. Stuart was up early because he had a 6a presentation in the Explorer’s Lounge. It was a commentary while passing through the archipelago as we headed into Stockholm. I did make it up before he was done so we went to breakfast in the dining room for the first time. Waffles for Stuart and French toast for me. Around 10:30a we headed out to meet Kurt and Camila. They live in Visby and came into Stockholm to meet us. It was a full day! First, we headed to the ABBA Museum. We spent a fun couple of hours there. They were such a great group. I was surprised how each of them had ongoing careers after the group broke up. This museum and others are on the island Djurgarden. On this same island we also drove to the Royal Gardens for lunch. Well, it was supposed to be lunch but it was really Fika. This refers to friends gathering for a beverage and sweet with conversation. After that we walked around the gardens for a time. Then back on the road on this same island with an ice cream stop. For dinner it was back on the mainland and heading to a restaurant that has been here since the 1600’s. We met their son Jesper and his girlfriend Cecila there. We had a marvelous dinner. It was Swedish Meatball, mashed potatoes, pickled cucumber, and a lingonberry sauce. It was just amazing! Next, we were scheduled for a ghost walk. We began the tour with steep stairs with no rail and a lot of them! I barely made it up there. Stuart opted us out of the rest of the tour and met them afterwards. I was sorry to sit it out, but I just couldn’t do it. After we met up with the group Kurt and Camilla took us back to the ship. It was a delightful day with a lot of wonderful memories made.
No comments:
Post a Comment