06-17: Today we will board the Viking Sky, our home for the next 4 weeks. Stuart got up early and walked quite a way to exchange some older 500 notes. The stores will not take them but certain banks will exchange. He was happy to have that done. He seems to have a little cold, and I am starting to feel it too. We took it easy, just walking to a very close restaurant to have lunch. We actually ate a delicious burger there and then played cards. The place was not busy and we were welcomed to do so. After that it was a quick walk back to the hotel to get our luggage, and call for an Uber to the ship. Again, it was a long wait, finally we canceled that, and Stuart secured a ride from his phone. Uber is not as good here as it is at home. It was a quick trip; we could have walked except for luggage on cobblestone streets! Total boarding time was maybe 5 minutes and we went directly to our cabin.
I have never been on Viking Ocean before. I have been on their river cruises. The ship décor is different than any other I have seen. It is very subtle with clean lines in furniture and architecture. It is comfortable and soothing to the eye. We first went to the Port Talk, as Stuart has a meeting directly after the talk. I went back to the cabin and finished unpacking. Our cabin seems very spacious in comparison to our recent tiny hotel room, and even more space that the Havila adventure. Next up was dinner in the World Café Buffet. It was very good with a lot of healthy choices. I had Hanger steak and snow peas, both were delicious. Stuart had a plate full of many sushi and sashimi options, which were also very good. From here we went to the show. This was a local violin artist, Tor Jaran Apold, he gave us an outstanding concert. Next was listening to Lidia on the piano. She is good but takes 3-4 minutes of silence between songs, that is just different than we are used to. We had a nice hot (Decaf) French coffee and it was off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment